Monday, October 11, 2004

 

News Of The Day - 10/11/04

Report: Mets seek to interview Gibson for manager - Freep, 10/11/04
I gues my dream of getting Gibby back in the Tiger TV booth with Josh Lewin is becoming increasingly remote.

Would Kirk Gibson make a good manager? I don't know. He sure won't take any guff from the players -- that's the word, anyway. But will normally-pampered superstars respond to his fire-and-brimstone methods? It might be viscerally pleasing to see Gibby put me-first superstars in their place, but does that automatically result in better production and more winning from the team overall? That's something that we would have to see -- and also would be fun to see.

I would miss the idea of having the spirit of Gibby (and the huge bushy 70's Fu Manchu of Gibby) around the Tigers' clubhouse, although it is the dream of every coach to snag a big-league managing job, so all I can say is: good luck, Gibby. I selfishly hope you don't get it.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?